cannot save R script

I'm not super new to R and Rstudio but this is the first time I met this problem.
There is no error message returned when I tried to save file ABC.R, everything works fine here, the red file name at top , which indicates there are unsaved changes, turns black, and I believe the file is saved. But after I closed the file then reopened it, everything I wrote disappear.
Then I create a new file XYZ.R, type something randomly into it, save it, close and reopen it, everything looks fine.
At last, I recovered what I wrote for the file ABC.R, paste the codes into a new R file, save it, close and reopen it, another empty file.
I dont understand what is going on here. Is there some cencsorship that will prevent you save illegal codes? Rstudio version is 1.2.1335
EDIT: Now I'm getting even more confused, I tried to create a .txt file, paste my ABC.R file content into it, everything works fine. Then I rename this ABC.txt to ABC.R, open it in Rstudio, empty file again, but the file exploerer told me its size is 1kb so not an empty file, then I reopen this ABC.R file using text editor, and everything I wrote was there. Then I reopen this ABC.R file in rstudio, again paste my code into it, save it. This time after I close the file, its size turn to 0kb and reopen it by text editor also returns an empty file.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.