Cannot start RStudio Desktop without admin privileges

This is a follow up to my previous post. The problem basically is: I am using Manjaro Linux and the only way I can run RStudio is typing in the console sudo rstudio-desktop, otherwise it is unusable. I'd prefer to use RStudio as a regular user.

I assume that the problem might lay in some privileges of running or reading some files but I don't even know what to look for.

Under this gist there are two files: user.txt is a result of running rstudio-bin --run-diagnostics and root.txt is running the same with sudo. Right now I have linked all config files, so /root/.Rprofile is in fact a symlink to /home/rafaczd/.Rprofile.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 2021.09.2+382
  • OS Version: Linux 5.10.102-1-MANJARO
  • R Version: 4.1.2
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible): files on gists

Still a problem. Check the discussion on their official forum here and in the AUR repository.

The only workaround I found is to run RStudio with --no-sandbox

rstudio-bin --no-sandbox

1 Like

Thank you very much! Don't know how come I missed the discussion here.

Well, then it seems like staying in sandbox for a few moths is what I'm meant to do...

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.