Can't install Rcmdr packages.

So today I re-installed R Studio cause I did a clean installation a few days ago. And when I tried to install packages something went wrong apparently.

Here's what came out:

install.packages("Rcmdr")
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Andre/Documents/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.0/Rcmdr_2.7-1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 4454171 bytes (4.2 MB)
downloaded 4.2 MB

package ‘Rcmdr’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\Andre\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp2TLcEf\downloaded_packages

Usually it takes longer to install this package and there were a lot more lines that were written while in mine, it just take few seconds. And when I tried to launch the Rcmdr here's what came out:

library("Rcmdr")
Loading required package: splines
Loading required package: RcmdrMisc
Loading required package: car
Loading required package: carData
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env):
cannot open file 'C:/Users/Andre/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/abind/R/abind.rdb': No such file or directory
Error: package ‘car’ could not be loaded
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package ‘Rcmdr’ was built under R version 4.0.5
2: package ‘RcmdrMisc’ was built under R version 4.0.5
3: package ‘car’ was built under R version 4.0.5
4: package ‘carData’ was built under R version 4.0.3

Dude this problem literally came out of nowhere, please help ASAP
Thanks in advance.

Edit: a month ago, I did a clean installation as well and the problem were not here and everything was fine, but apparently I'm unlucky this time?

You can try explicitly (re)installing the package {abind} since it's the one that creates the problem, and it helped for a similar problem.

install.packages("abind")

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.