cant use a default file as input

Hi everybody,
I am trying to set my app script in order to work on a default csv file before users load their own files but it doesnt work: it load for a while then it stops. If I load the same file by clicking on "browse" button then the same file is processed and the script works.

this is my script:

library(DT)
library(shiny)

server <- function(input, output, server) {
    source("/srv/shiny-server/appSVA/svannotatrFunction.r")

resultsSV <- reactive({
        if (is.null(input$bedfile)) {
            tabInDF <- read.table(file = "/path/to/test.bed", sep = "\t", header = T)
            functionA(tabInDF)
        } else {
            tabInDF <- read.table(file = input$test$datapath, sep = "\t", header = T)
            functionA(tabInDF)
        }
    })

output$resultsTab <- DT::renderDataTable({
        req(input$bedfile)
        indTab <- match(input$choosenFeature, names(resultsSV()))
        resTab <- resultsSV()[[indTab]]
        return(resTab)
    })

output$resultsPlot <- renderPlot({
        req(input$bedfile)
        indTab <- match(input$choosenFeature, names(resultsSV()))
        resTab <- resultsSV()[[indTab]]
        indPlot <- match(input$choosenValue, colnames(resTab))
        resPlot <- resTab[, indPlot]
        hist(main = paste0("Distribution of ", input$choosenValue), resPlot, breaks = input$bins, col = input$col, xlim = input$xlim)
    })
}```

any idea about the mistake? 
Thanks

https://shiny.rstudio.com/articles/debugging.html

Perhaps browser)_ after tabInDF and verify that it has been populated. It might be something as simple as you getting the path wrong.

Solved.
this

req(input$bedfile)

interrupts the script while generating outputs if the file was not uploaded so no output tables were shown if I were using the default file

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.