Can't Use Pane Shortcuts After Clicking Off RStudio Window

Hi all,

I've noticed recently that, after clicking off of RStudio to any other window while zoomed into the plots pane (ctrl+shift+6) , I can no longer use any pane shortcuts after clicking back onto RStudio. Typically, I'll just toggle the zoom command in and out while doing my business but this stops working if I accidentally leave the plot zoomed and click off to respond to an email, for example.

The only way I've found to exit the zoom (or do anything pane related) is to go into View -> Panes menu and click there. None of the shortcuts work but clicking the menu options do. After doing so (usually the show all panes option), I can begin using shortcuts again after clicking in the source or console.

Am I missing something here? I don't remember this being an issue on any other device I've used RStudio with so it's possible it's machine specific. Granted, I haven't used Windows regularly in a couple of years now.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

R version 4.1.3 (2022-03-10)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19043)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.