Categorisation in Studio

Hi all :smile:

I am trying to use a categorisation method that would help me in differentiating between participants' (from different age groups) ability to classify still pictures into categories. E.g., to show that older participants tend to classify still pictures 1 and 2 together, as members of the same set (C_1_2) whereas none of the younger participants tend to ensemble this specific categorisation. Each participant watched the same still pictures and was asked to categorize these hard-copy pictures by dividing them into an arbitrary number of non-overlapping sets according to their perceived similarities.

My data looks like this:

Categorization (pictures groupings) Number of participants using this categorization in Group 1 Number of participants using this categorization in Group 2 Number of participants using this categorization in Group 3
C_1_2 10 4 1
C_2_3 10 2 1
C_1_4 10 4 0
C_1_5_11 1 3 2

I would like the process to look something like that:

I am not sure how to structure the data. Do you know which type of analysis can help me capture what I'm trying to assess?

Your suggestions and help are much appreciated. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.