paid / remote / full-time
Our team works with diverse datasets in the area of substance use and behavioral health research and evaluation. We primarily work in R / tidyverse, using other tools including Python, SQL, and SPSS as appropriate. Our work includes developing and using pipelines for automated data processing and validation, responding to data and analytic requests from various stakeholders, conducting analyses for research and evaluation projects, and creating visualizations, slidedecks, and reports to communicate results.
Chestnut Health Systems’ research division, the Lighthouse Institute, is seeking a full-time Research Analyst for a remote work opportunity!
Be part of a dynamic team that supports cutting edge research in the behavioral health sciences field. Our diverse team works together to assist with various projects and studies in a fast-paced environment. We value dedicated team players who bring passion and creativity to their job. Come work for a great company who will value you and your skills.
Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Data Management: Responsible for following established procedures for data management including setting up paper files, electronic forms, data entry protocols, creating databases, cleaning data, and maintaining documentation associated with these processes.
- Data Analysis: Write and use established analytic methods, syntax and/or code in R, SPSS, or other software to clean, transform, and analyze data including descriptive, univariate, and multivariate statistical analyses including ANOVA’s (multiple factorial, repeated measures, mixed designs), factor analyses, discriminant analyses, cluster analyses, and multiple regressions, and assess reliability and validity of measures through statistical analyses, under mentorship of senior team member.
- Interpretation: Interpret results from descriptive analysis and assist senior team members in the interpretation of results from univariate, and multivariate analyses and responding to questions from evaluators, researchers, and project directors.
- Training: Assist senior team members in the creation, management, and maintenance of standard training materials, resources and processes that can be used to train LI staff, researchers, and evaluators in the use of GCC/LI data. This includes how to clean, manage, and create analytic files, using data for evaluation and program planning, using our standard SPSS syntax, requesting, and publishing with GCC/LI data.
- Data Requests: Assist senior team members in responding to requests to use GCC/LI data, including ensuring appropriate paperwork and safeguards are in place, obtaining necessary permissions, and providing technical assistance on analyzing/using it.
- Writing: Work with senior team members to create materials for technical reports and presentations. This can include creating graphical representations of analyses, writing up results in narrative, summarizing findings and presenting above to stakeholders.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained while performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Other duties consistent with prior training and experience.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree with course work in statistics and research methodology; or Bachelor’s Degree with one (1) year relevant experience in statistics and research methodology.
- Extensive experience in statistical software including R and Windows-based applications including Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity working with tidyverse packages preferred.
- Experience working with SPSS syntax preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled