paid / Chicago, IL / full-time
GO BEYOND THE IVY
Our bold brands and their destinations have quickly elevated the Chicago Ballpark experience and have become the preferred gathering places for our fans, our neighbors and our own families. We are proud of what we have accomplished together and are committed to continually challenge the status quo. Each brand stands as unique as the teams that drive them. We welcome you to learn more about us, we think you will like what you see.
JOB TITLE: Pricing Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategy & Analytics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This newly created Pricing Analyst role will support the Cubs organization in optimizing ticket pricing, inventory management and channel mix strategy for all ticket types across the organization including Season, Flex, Group and Single game tickets. This role reports to the Director, Strategy & Analytics and will require deep collaboration with Cubs Ticketing and IT colleagues to be successful.
- Synthesize available primary and secondary data sources to develop holistic understanding of ticket demand
- Build and manage the development of sales pacing and velocity models to understand expected sales trends by game, product type and seating location through the sales horizon
- Test and measure ticket distribution strategies
- Refine and build customer churn, lead list and upsell analytical models
- Co-own pricing decisions across all ticket types in collaboration with Ticketing colleagues
- Support the Chicago Cubs annual revenue forecasting efforts
- Influence and guide organizational priorities to maximize yield on ticketing products
- Assist in the planning and forecasting activities across the organizations’ business functions
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a quantitative, analytical or client-facing role driving business value from data
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business analytics, statistics, econometrics or related field
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of predictive modeling, including linear and logistic regression, machine learning approaches and clustering or classification techniques
- Strong functional mastery of SQL to extract, merge and synthesize disparate datasets to drive business value
- Intermediate to advanced modeling skills to execute statistical analysis using R, Python or equivalent tools
- Experience analyzing sports, hospitality or other live events data with an emphasis on site traffic, secondary market listings and transactional sales data analysis
- Experience with key data tools within Cubs organization including Snowflake, Google Cloud Computing Services, Looker Business Intelligence, Salesforce CRM and R
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions with colleagues across organization
Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we unfortunately may not be able to respond in person to each applicant. However, we can assure you that you will receive an email confirmation when you apply as well as additional email notifications whether you are selected to move forward for the position or not. Please note, we keep all resumes on file and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview with you.
The Chicago Cubs and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.