Choosing between this site and StackOverflow for posting a question

Might be more useful for you. Others might want to look regularly and see latest.
I put in a nominal 100 limit
Just reduce your tags, sort on score, change the dates and you can handle your requirements - or change one line of code :grin:
I agree about the top-scoring answers being useful and I'd also like to see the answerer
(TBH that might be the most useful parameter of all)
.However, i don't think these currently form part of API. NB any SO staff reading might help on that

Thanks @mara! As an R/programming newbie, this really speaks to me! For example, I was trying to use linked brushing, but I didn't know the term or whether it was even possible. After a while, I stumbled upon this plotly example, and found out which packages and functions were necessary by deleting/substituting bits of the code at a time after a lot of trial-and-error..

Once I found the Shiny gallery/articles/videos, everything was very beginner-friendly :+1::blush:

2 Likes

@taras, I know where you're coming from, but maybe "new" is relative :stuck_out_tongue: I've been learning R for about 7+5 weeks (with 3-4 months in between) :wink: before that, I only did free intro to python/ruby/HTML+CSS/git courses online because I wanted to know what code looks like ^^

Even though you don't find SO intimidating, maybe you could imagine that other people might (or maybe it really is so not intimidating for you - in that case, I'm jealous!) :slight_smile: This thread convinced me to sign up for an SO account, and I luckily found a question I could try to answer, but I do find this site more friendly..

Maybe a "newbie" tag or something similar to the first-timers-only issue label on GitHub would be helpful in pointing relative newbies to help others on topics they're less familiar with and learn how to better answer questions or so :blush:

3 Likes

In the works in the tidyverse right now!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!! :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps to my eternal shame, I had to JFG the term JFGI.

4 Likes

You're certainly not the first, nor will you be the last…
https://twitter.com/dataandme/status/964887873630736387