ci.lvl not working for ggpredict multinom plot

Hi everyone,

I want to create plots with predicted values and confidence intervals for my multinomial logistic models (multinom function, created with the nnet package). I have numerical predictors on the log scale.

I want to create plots with predicted values and confidence intervals for my multinomial logistic models ( multinom function, created with the nnet package). I have numerical predictors on the log scale.

As janix said his post, though ggeffects() should be compatible with multinom, the plot does not display confidence intervals. If I plot the same data with effects(), I do get the CIs.

What I have tried:

I found this very helpful post on RCommunity in which confidence intervals from the effects package were combined with ggeffects to create a plot.

However, (and I'm sure this is my error somewhere) when I run this code I get the following error:

Error in FUN(X[[i]], ...) : object 'L' not found

I have also tried MNLpred package and its mnl_pred_ova function as an alternative, but my predictors are in log scale, and it doesn't seem to be able to deal with these - I get the following error:

Error in eval(parse(text = paste0("data$", xvari))) : 
  attempt to apply non-function

Lastly, I tried using the mnlAveEffPlot function from the DAMisc package, which works, but isn't as customisable as I would like.

I am new to using to R and to this community, so my apologies if this question is very basic or is missing something essential. Here is a small example:

library(nnet)
library(plyr)
library(dplyr)
library(ggplot2)
library(tidyr)
library(sjPlot)
library(DAMisc)
library(ggeffects)
library(scales)
library(MNLpred)
library(effects)

df <- data.frame(response = c("1 Better", "1 Better", "1 Better", "2 Medium", "2 Medium", "2 Medium", "3 Worse", "3 Worse", "3 Worse"),
                 count = c(1000, 2000, 4000, 6000, 10000, 3000, 6000, 5000, 11000))
mod1 <- multinom(response ~ log(count),
                         data = df)
summary(mod1)

pred <- ggpredict(mod1, terms = "count") 
plot(pred)

Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.