Paid / Remote / Full-time
Join an exciting growth company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies. We are an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company leveraging its deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and develop a broad portfolio of novel combinations addressing significant unmet needs.
Technologies: R, SAS, or Python (R preferred) is a must, as is experience with data display and dashboard tools such as Spotfire or R-Shiny.
The Associate Director, Clinical Data Science will be responsible for creating fit-for-purpose analyses, visual data displays and dashboards from diverse data types to aid in internal data consumption and decision-making. This position will report into the Director of Clinical Data Science and will interact regularly with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization. Demonstrated abilities to prioritize work; to understand internal business, data and decision-making needs; and to communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders both within Biometrics and beyond (research, translational science, clinical science, clinical operations, safety, medical affairs and commercial) are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Biometrics team investigating a diverse portfolio of immuno-oncology therapeutics. The ideal candidate will come with industry experience working in a regulated environment while also demonstrating know-how, flexibility and scientific curiosity to drive creative approaches to both formal and exploratory work.
- Generate validated, reproducible, visualizations and analysis using open-source software packages or tools (e.g., R/R-Shiny, Spotfire) to replicate more formal analyses for the purpose of clinical trial planning and design, internal data review, go/no-go decision-making and external publications or data releases
- Create, augment, or modify current clinical data displays to accommodate study-specific needs and requests, including means of tracking data quality, completeness and trends
- Serve as a primary point of contact to cross-functional stakeholders and deliver data-driven solutions, including clarifying requirements, prototyping solutions, and delivering production dashboards/analytics
- Supervise and mentor junior team members, as required
- Build and maintain data pipelines to automate data processing tasks
- Administer and maintain user access to data displays
- Create integrated data analyses pooling data across various clinical trials or with other relevant data sources to meet business needs (e.g., real-world data analyses, tumor or indication-specific translational questions, site monitoring, safety signal detection, go/no-go decision-making), as appropriate
- Develop therapeutic area landscape and benchmark analyses to facilitate discussions on new target selection, clinical development and commercialization strategies
- Generate strategic business and competitive insights to support business development, investor relations and corporate strategy ad hoc tasks
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a data science field, e.g., statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, computer science, bioinformatics, or another field with commensurate levels of experience.
- Minimum 6+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience, with (immuno-) oncology experience preferred.
- Programming experience in R, SAS, or Python (R preferred) or similar language is a must as is experience with data display and dashboard tools such as Spotfire or R-Shiny (or similar).
- Familiarity with reproducibility and traceability strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical CDISC data standards and associated requirements of working in validated environments strongly preferred.
- Experience serving as a team or project lead, working across business functions and all levels of the organization to translate user requirements into data-driven insights.
- Experience in a supervisory role and/or mentoring junior team members.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly adapt to changing project and strategic requirements
- Interest in continuing education, particularly in the areas of business knowledge as well as technology trends for producing analyses and visualizations (particularly with an eye towards reproducibility or interactivity)
- Takes a fit-for-purpose mindset to daily work as well as long-term vision.
To see our weekly feature jobs follow us on LinkedIn: LinkedIn Login, Sign in | LinkedIn.