Cluster analysis app - 2020 Shiny Contest Submission

Cluster analysis app

Authors: Lefkios Paikousis
Working with Shiny < 1 year

Abstract: A shiny app to perform cluster analysis. You get cluster validation statistics and visualise cluster composition

Full Description: A shiny app to perform cluster analysis.

The app outputs cluster validation statistics and you can visualise the distribution of variables within the formed clusters.

You can select variables to do the clustering, the clustering method and the number of clusters, and you get descriptives of various internal validation statistics.

Once you have decided on the number of cluster and method, you can select variables to explore - visually and with tables - the distribution within the clusters.

The app is using the R packages: {cluster} for clustering, the {fpc} for internal validation statistics, uses the {tidyverse} collection of packages for data wrangling The graphs are produced with cthe {ggplot2} package. I also try to improve the UI using the {shinyWidgets} package (not there yet... :).

Lastly, I managed to incorporate some shiny modules functionality (not much yet, just the download buttons) to manage the code complexity.

This is a work in progress, please send me your comments and suggestions on how to improve this app

Category: Consulting
Keywords: cluster analysis
Shiny app: https://lefkios-paikousis.shinyapps.io/Cluster-Shiny/
Repo: GitHub - lefkiospaikousis/ShinyApps: A repository for the shiny apps I (will) build from time to time
RStudio Cloud: Posit Cloud

Thumbnail:

Full image: