Communities BoF at rstudio::conf

Hosted by @RStudioJoe, @tom_rstudio, @EconomiCurtis, @rachael
When: Wednesday 5:30 - 7:00 PM, just before we bus to the California Academy of Sciences event.
Where: The Community Lounge - Yosemite Room.
Keywords: R-User Groups, Communities, Tidy Tuesdays,

Where is that?

Interested?

If you'd like to get notifications about this group, be sure that you are "Watching" this topic-thread.

If you would like to focus on a specific topic within this category, or ensure you are connecting with the right folks, reply below, discuss, and share widely!

What is a Birds of a Feather Session? Learn more at the BoF Directory

7 Likes

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

5 Likes

Looking forward to meeting everyone too!! So soon! For those that are joining the Community BoF, I thought it may be fun to share a link to a community group or meetup that you're a part of.

I live in Boston and organize the Boston useR Group. I love to learn from other meetup speakers and organizers to see what topics our group may be interested in as well! Later this month we're joining forces with the Boston Pharmaceutical Statistics & Data Science Group for an event. Here's our meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Boston-useR

4 Likes

Good idea!

I admin the R4DS Online Learning Community, and I host the Tidy Tuesday Podcast.

I'd love to hear from people who have TidyTuesday meetups!

5 Likes

SO excited about this!

I am one of the organizers of the Los Angeles R Users Group and the lead organizer for satRday SoCal 2020. I've also been spending a lot of time this past year working to better connect all the RUGs and R-Ladies groups in Southern California. We have a meta-group with a website that aggregates all the local events, socalr.org; we recently had a SoCal-wide R users event; and last year, we had the first LA satRday.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for organizing this event -- looking forward to meeting you all!

I live in Hungary, and has started the Hungarian RUG in 2013 (now with 1600 members), also hosted the first satRday conference (2016 -- 200 attendees) and the second European R Users Meeting (2018 -- 500 attendees).

Since then, I've promised to my family that I'm not taking any major role in organizing conferences for 5 years :slight_smile: But I was allowed to keep helping with the local RUG and also happy to help with minor things regarding eg satRdays and other community events.

3 Likes

I live in Cambridge and attend Boston useR whenever possible. I'm a mentor and contributor to the R4DS Slack community.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.