Comparing the spatial variance of maps with underlying uncertainty

Hi,

I am a relatively advanced R user but I am new to posting on this forum. I usually take advantage of other people questions. I am looking for a R package that would help analyzing/scoring the spatial variance between different set of maps. I have so far not been successful at finding packages that would help with this type of analysis. Feel free to point me towards packages if you know some that do something along the lines below.

I would like to compare the spatial variance of a series of maps from independent variables over a given study area. The maps are generated using different spatial statistic modeling methods including multivariate regression, kriging, ...etc... Ultimately each map is defined by a raster stack that contains: a raster representing the mean value of that variable and one raster representing the uncertainty associated with that mean value (in my case the standard deviation). The scale, mode of variability, and uncertainty of these maps are very different.

So my question: is there some R packages you know of to compare the spatial variance of different set of maps with underlying uncertainty? I would like to be able to rank these maps from the most variable to the less variable at different scales while considering their uncertainty in the calculation.

This might not be the right place for this topic. Feel free to let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.