conflicted freezes Rstudio

As also reported here, conflicted sometimes causes to RStudio to become unresponsive upon warning for a conflict. The examples in mentioned thread all run fine.

Symptoms are:

• console and terminal become unresponsive
  • other parts of the IDE remain responsive, although requested actions mostly don't take place
  • A newly opened RStudio window works fine

my system:
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2), Rstudio 1.3.1093

I have tried to create a reproducible example, but the issue occurs at seemingly random moments making it hard to reliably provoke a hang.

I would love to use conflicted in my workflow, sadly it seems there are too many issues with it at this time,..
for example this is a killer for me

I feel like I simply can't use it.
I'll be watching for future releases, but there's been no code edits for 6months aside from a license tweak....

Yes, that's a problem that I also encounter i.e. when using bit64. For the issue of RStudio becoming unresponsive I am unsure whether to discuss it here or in the conflicted repository..

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.