Confused about "Post Needs Approval"

Recently when I post a question, I receive this warning. I don't know what;s the cause to make this feedback?

2 Likes

I also get this message sometimes, what triggers this message?

Same for me. Perhaps, there is some problem with the service that handles spam/not spam classification.

But then again, why does it work here :confused:?

This is the feature that’s triggering the hold.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/posting-needs-approval-no-reason-for-holding-post-given/87927/3

I don’t see any watch words triggering your holds (mostly email address, ip addresses, phone numbers etc) and the logs aren’t really helpful in identifying why your posts were triggered.

4 Likes

I think about this question and choose meta, maybe it is not a good category to fit this question. Any recommendation to change it?

Disappointingly, when this happens, I cannot find it in my activity, and neither delete or modify it unitil the question is posted.

I don’t see any watch words triggering your holds (mostly email address, ip addresses, phone numbers etc) and the logs aren’t really helpful in identifying why your posts were triggered.

And how to post the log data? I don't have a background on it.

meta is perfect for this type of question.

These logs are only available to site admins/mods. I gave the link above and referred to these logs just to give you a bit of background about this problem with the site. This keeps popping up, and will only occur more as RSCommunity gets more popular, so it's quite important for us to reduce the number of these false positives.

Fie, you Type II Error!

source

2 Likes

I believe that having ip addresses as watch words is a little inconvenience for this forum since you are going to have a lot of ips in the shiny-server section for configuration purposes.

I have a post holded because it includes this configuration parameter listen 3838 0.0.0.0;

3 Likes

Makes sense (I just approved your post to which I'm replying, which also went to Needs Approval).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.