Connecting Sparklyr and Mongodb

I already have a connection between SparkR and Mongodb, but now I want to connect mongodb to Sparklyr. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the proper method to add the equivalent of the:

--package org.mongodb.spark:mongo-spark-connector_2.11:2.4.0

I add to my call in sparkR-shell, in sparklyr. Here is my current code:

devtools::install_github("rstudio/sparklyr")
library(sparklyr)

config = spark_config()
config$sparklyr.defaultPackages = c("org.mongodb.spark:mongo-spark-connector_2.11:2.4.0")
sc = spark_connect(master = "local", config = config)
uri = "spark.mongodb.input.uri=mongodb://username:password@link/?ssl=true&authSource=admin"
spark_read_source(
  sc,
  "sparkTable",
  "com.mongodb.spark.sql.DefaultSource",
  list(
    spark.mongodb.input.uri = uri,
    keyspace = "collection",
    table = "database"),
  memory = FALSE)

And here is my error:

Error: java.lang.Exception: No matched method found for class org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.format
	at sparklyr.Invoke.invoke(invoke.scala:136)
	at sparklyr.StreamHandler.handleMethodCall(stream.scala:123)
	at sparklyr.StreamHandler.read(stream.scala:66)
	at sparklyr.BackendHandler.channelRead0(handler.scala:51)
	at sparklyr.BackendHandler.channelRead0(handler.scala:4)
	at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:102)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1359)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:935)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:138)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:645)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:580)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:497)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:459)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

As I said, I believe my error stems from config. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

@marcantoine make sure your spark_version is right.
similar issue like this:

https://d.cosx.org/d/420482-sparklyr

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.