Construction Spending in the United States |> Table Contest

Construction Spending in the United States

Authors: Jisell Howe
Twitter
Mastodon
LinkedIn
website

Abstract: The Value of Construction Put in Place Survey (VIP) is conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau and provides monthly estimates of the total dollar value of construction work done in the United States.

Full Description: The Value of Construction Put in Place Survey (VIP) is conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau and provides monthly estimates of the total dollar value of construction work done in the United States. I chose this topic because it is a relevant topic in the industry I work in. For my submission, I ultimately compiled multiple data sets to come up with three different tables to represent all construction spending, private sector construction spending, and public sector construction spending. I put together a high-level narrative/tutorial on how I went from raw data to overcoming challenges to best displaying the insights in completed tables and data visualizations.

Table Type: static-HTML
Submission Type: Other
Table: Jisell Howe, CDT - Posit 2022 Table Contest Entry: Construction Spending
Code: GitHub - ji53ll/Posit-2022-Table-Contest: repository for all materials for my Posit 2022 Table Contest Entry
Cloud project:
Languages: Built with R: true (only for the tables). Built with Python: true (only for the line charts).
Industries: Construction - AEC industry.
Other packages: gt, gtExtras, sparkline, dplyr, tidyverse, rio, pandas, matplotlib

1 Like