copy shortcuts (control-V / control-C and command-C / command-V) don't work on Mac

I am on a Mac (BigSur), and I am using an external keyboard. On my operating system, I've changed the copy-paste commands to rely on control-C / control-V (like windows and linux) instead of command-C/command-V, since my external keyboard is not like a Mac keyboard.

Using control-C / control-V works really well on my Mac using other platforms like VSCode, my email, browsers, word, etc. But it doesn't work in R Studio Server. I tried to rebind the copy-paste commands in RStudio (Tools -> Modify Keyboard Shortcuts) but it won't give me the option to change copy or paste .

This is really slowing me down.

How can I get RStudio to respect my Mac's copy/paste mappings?? Instead, nothing works. Not command-C, not control-C. I have to highlight text, right click and then select 'copy' in order to copy.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.