could not update dplyr, tidyverse is not working

Hi, I have been having problem updating dplyr for a few days, now tidyverse stops working, could anyone help me out? Thank you so much!

updating dplyr gives:
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'dplyr'

• removing 'C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/dplyr'
  • restoring previous 'C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/dplyr'
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘dplyr’ had non-zero exit status

calling tidyverse gives:
library(tidyverse)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
namespace ‘dplyr’ 0.8.1 is already loaded, but >= 0.8.2 is required

Can you post the whole message you get when you try to install dplyr?

sure, thanks! below is the whole output:

* installing *source* package 'dplyr' ...
** package 'dplyr' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** using staged installation
** libs

*** arch - i386
C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/mingw_32/bin/g++ -std=gnu++11  -I"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.3/include" -DNDEBUG -I../inst/include -DRCPP_DEFAULT_INCLUDE_CALL=false -DCOMPILING_DPLYR -DRCPP_USING_UTF8_ERROR_STRING -DRCPP_USE_UNWIND_PROTECT -DBOOST_NO_AUTO_PTR  -I"C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/BH/include" -I"C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/plogr/include" -I"C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/Rcpp/include"        -O2 -Wall  -mtune=core2 -c RcppExports.cpp -o RcppExports.o
sh: C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/mingw_32/bin/g++: No such file or directory
make: *** [C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.3/etc/i386/Makeconf:215: RcppExports.o] Error 127
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'dplyr'
* removing 'C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/dplyr'
* restoring previous 'C:/Users/xiaoq/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/dplyr'
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘dplyr’ had non-zero exit status

It seems to be an issue with the compiler, can you try reinstalling Rtools? Also, do you have any particular reason for using 32 bit R?

I have updated Rtools, and reinstall R (64bit), still gave me the same error when installing dplyr, is there anything that I could try?

It shouldn't be the same error since you are now using a 64bit version, try removing the 32 bit version (Including the package library).

Yes, it worked! I restarted my computer and now it is working, really appreciate your help!!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.