crash rstudio pro kubernetes launcher

Hello,

i am trying to install rstudio in my infrastructure, but i encounter errors . I can use rstudio in locally but not with kubernetes.

i followed this tutorial for the installation

My version of rstudio

[root] # rstudio-server version
1.4.1103-3 Professional (Wax Begonia) for CentOS 7

I took the docker image in dockerhub, it's juste the rstudio/r-session-complete, without any modification

https://hub.docker.com/r/rstudio/r-session-complete

when i test the user, i have this error

[root] # rstudio-server verify-installation --verify-user=test
Checking Job Launcher configuration...
Ensuring server-user is a Job Launcher admin...
Getting list of Job Launcher clusters...
Job launcher configured with the following clusters: Kubernetes, Local
launcher-adhoc-clusters is empty - all clusters may be used to launch adhoc jobs
launcher-sessions-clusters is empty - all clusters may be used to launch session jobs
Launched R session job for cluster Kubernetes and image 172.16.0.210:5000/rstudio/r-session-complete:centos7
Waiting for job to run...
Job transitioned to status Pending
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Created pod: session-0da29cfc78a3185864821-test---session-test-job-9cw5k2682
Job transitioned to status Pending
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Container image "172.16.0.210:5000/rstudio/r-session-complete:centos7" already present on machine
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Created container 4c6e547978443157732f2b7275364a595a57786d77673d3d
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Started container 4c6e547978443157732f2b7275364a595a57786d77673d3d
Job is running
Waiting for job to finish...
Job has finished running 
Fetching job output...
Job output: 
---------------------------------------------------
17 Jan 2021 17:53:29 [rserver-launcher] ERROR jsonrpc error 9 (Parameter type mismatch) [description: no such parameter 'encryptionKey']; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::json::readObject(const rstudio::core::json::Object&, const string&, T*) [with T = std::basic_string<char>  std::string = std::basic_string<char>] src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:294; LOGGED FROM: rstudio::core::r_util::SessionLaunchProfile rstudio::core::r_util::sessionLaunchProfileFromJson(const rstudio::core::json::Object&) src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:126
17 Jan 2021 17:53:29 [rserver-launcher] ERROR jsonrpc error 9 (Parameter type mismatch) [description: no such parameter 'args']; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::json::readObject(const rstudio::core::json::Object&, const string&, T*) [with T = rstudio::core::json::Array  std::string = std::basic_string<char>] src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:294; LOGGED FROM: rstudio::core::r_util::SessionLaunchProfile rstudio::core::r_util::sessionLaunchProfileFromJson(const rstudio::core::json::Object&) src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:154
17 Jan 2021 17:53:29 [rserver-launcher] ERROR jsonrpc error 9 (Parameter type mismatch) [description: no such parameter 'cpuAffinity']; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::json::readObject(const rstudio::core::json::Object&, const string&, T*) [with T = rstudio::core::json::Array  std::string = std::basic_string<char>] src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:294; LOGGED FROM: rstudio::core::r_util::SessionLaunchProfile rstudio::core::r_util::sessionLaunchProfileFromJson(const rstudio::core::json::Object&) src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:162
17 Jan 2021 17:53:34 [rserver-launcher] ERROR system error 1 (Operation not permitted); OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::system::setResourceLimit(rstudio::core::system::ResourceLimit, RLimitType, RLimitType) src/cpp/core/system/PosixSystem.cpp:1498; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::core::system::setProcessLimits(rstudio::core::system::ProcessLimits) src/cpp/core/system/PosixSystem.cpp:2034

---------------------------------------------------
17 Jan 2021 17:53:35 [rserver] ERROR system error 71 (Protocol error) [description: Job exited with code 1 - Ensure that the version of RSP and the session binary match]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::server::session_proxy::overlay::{anonymous}::verifyJobExitCode(const JobPtr&, bool) 

```src/cpp/server/JobLauncherVerification.cpp:702; LOGGED FROM: int main(int, char* const*) src/cpp/server/ServerMain.cpp:780

if anyone has an idea  

thanks in advance

Hi @Scipion,

If you're using RStudio Server Pro, you have access to RStudio's premium support. I'd encourage you to file a ticket there if you haven't already. They'll be able to help you out.

hello,

thank you for your advice, i opened a ticket support yesterday and they gave me the solution, that was a compatibility problem between the version of rstudio server and the docker image of rstudio session.

1 Like

Fantastic. Glad to hear this was resolved, and thanks for posting the resolution here in case others run across the same!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.