crash rstudio pro kubernetes launcher

Hello,

i am trying to install rstudio in my infrastructure, but i encounter errors . I can use rstudio in locally but not with kubernetes.

i followed this tutorial for the installation

My version of rstudio

[root] # rstudio-server version
1.4.1103-3 Professional (Wax Begonia) for CentOS 7

I took the docker image in dockerhub, it's juste the rstudio/r-session-complete, without any modification

https://hub.docker.com/r/rstudio/r-session-complete

when i test the user, i have this error

[root] # rstudio-server verify-installation --verify-user=test
Checking Job Launcher configuration...
Ensuring server-user is a Job Launcher admin...
Getting list of Job Launcher clusters...
Job launcher configured with the following clusters: Kubernetes, Local
launcher-adhoc-clusters is empty - all clusters may be used to launch adhoc jobs
launcher-sessions-clusters is empty - all clusters may be used to launch session jobs
Launched R session job for cluster Kubernetes and image 172.16.0.210:5000/rstudio/r-session-complete:centos7
Waiting for job to run...
Job transitioned to status Pending
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Created pod: session-0da29cfc78a3185864821-test---session-test-job-9cw5k2682
Job transitioned to status Pending
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Container image "172.16.0.210:5000/rstudio/r-session-complete:centos7" already present on machine
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Created container 4c6e547978443157732f2b7275364a595a57786d77673d3d
Job transitioned to status Pending with status message: Started container 4c6e547978443157732f2b7275364a595a57786d77673d3d
Job is running
Waiting for job to finish...
Job has finished running 
Fetching job output...
Job output: 
---------------------------------------------------
17 Jan 2021 17:53:29 [rserver-launcher] ERROR jsonrpc error 9 (Parameter type mismatch) [description: no such parameter 'encryptionKey']; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::json::readObject(const rstudio::core::json::Object&, const string&, T*) [with T = std::basic_string<char>  std::string = std::basic_string<char>] src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:294; LOGGED FROM: rstudio::core::r_util::SessionLaunchProfile rstudio::core::r_util::sessionLaunchProfileFromJson(const rstudio::core::json::Object&) src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:126
17 Jan 2021 17:53:29 [rserver-launcher] ERROR jsonrpc error 9 (Parameter type mismatch) [description: no such parameter 'args']; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::json::readObject(const rstudio::core::json::Object&, const string&, T*) [with T = rstudio::core::json::Array  std::string = std::basic_string<char>] src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:294; LOGGED FROM: rstudio::core::r_util::SessionLaunchProfile rstudio::core::r_util::sessionLaunchProfileFromJson(const rstudio::core::json::Object&) src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:154
17 Jan 2021 17:53:29 [rserver-launcher] ERROR jsonrpc error 9 (Parameter type mismatch) [description: no such parameter 'cpuAffinity']; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::json::readObject(const rstudio::core::json::Object&, const string&, T*) [with T = rstudio::core::json::Array  std::string = std::basic_string<char>] src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:294; LOGGED FROM: rstudio::core::r_util::SessionLaunchProfile rstudio::core::r_util::sessionLaunchProfileFromJson(const rstudio::core::json::Object&) src/cpp/core/r_util/RSessionLaunchProfile.cpp:162
17 Jan 2021 17:53:34 [rserver-launcher] ERROR system error 1 (Operation not permitted); OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::system::setResourceLimit(rstudio::core::system::ResourceLimit, RLimitType, RLimitType) src/cpp/core/system/PosixSystem.cpp:1498; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::core::system::setProcessLimits(rstudio::core::system::ProcessLimits) src/cpp/core/system/PosixSystem.cpp:2034

---------------------------------------------------
17 Jan 2021 17:53:35 [rserver] ERROR system error 71 (Protocol error) [description: Job exited with code 1 - Ensure that the version of RSP and the session binary match]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::server::session_proxy::overlay::{anonymous}::verifyJobExitCode(const JobPtr&, bool) 

```src/cpp/server/JobLauncherVerification.cpp:702; LOGGED FROM: int main(int, char* const*) src/cpp/server/ServerMain.cpp:780

if anyone has an idea  

thanks in advance

Hi @Scipion,

If you're using RStudio Server Pro, you have access to RStudio's premium support. I'd encourage you to file a ticket there if you haven't already. They'll be able to help you out.

Fantastic. Glad to hear this was resolved, and thanks for posting the resolution here in case others run across the same!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

hello,

thank you for your advice, i opened a ticket support yesterday and they gave me the solution, that was a compatibility problem between the version of rstudio server and the docker image of rstudio session.

1 Like