Create a presentation in PowerPoint

Hi!

Yes, yes, I know, PowerPoint :smirk: but I have to use it, because it's the only format I know which runs both on Mac & Windows without having to install extra stuff, and which allows my coworkers to edit it if they don't use R. Is there any way (preferably, but not necessarily, using RStudio) to convert a presentation created with R Markdown to .pptx? In the worst case, I could convert it to PDF, but it may be perceived as rude (I'm basically saying to others "you can't edit it"). Also, apart from the perception, I like to be collaborative and put the others in a condition to easily edit my stuff.

1 Like

You are in luck :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: Wow! This is perfect! I will download the daily build now. Looks like I'm going to be a beta tester for @yihui!

Btw @yihui is it cool if I share this also on the Slack R for Data Science community (of course with the warning not to share it on social media)? Or do you prefer me to wait until this is announced in the RStudio blog?

1 Like

Support for PowerPoint from R Markdown is also in the latest RStudio 1.2 preview build, which might be a bit more stable than the dailies for you.

2 Likes

Sharing it within a Slack community is good. Thank you!

3 Likes