Creating a Data Set from Scratch (File Layout)

Hello!
First off, I consider myself a beginner, although I took an intro course about two years ago... so, please bear with my and my obvious questions. :sweat_smile:

I am literally starting from scratch by creating a data table - in other words, the data I will be working with is not available in a CSV or XLS file (but pdf!!) and will have to retype everything into a spread.

My challenge is to create a layout that is useable for import into R and analysis.
I am looking at Likert Scale Health data (I know I will need to recode the responses to a numeric value, for example, rarely = 1). I uploaded a screenshot of a question - I am having difficulty picturing how I would transcribe this information into a spread.
Essentially I am trying to capture how many female/male/non-con respondents answered a suicide question with never (0), rarely (1), etc...

Thank you very much for your input!

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I did not realize that this appeared like a homework question.
My post had been reviewed and approved by an admin, so I assumed it was ok.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.