Creating Map tidyverse (changing type of the map, background and with extra features)

Halo, may I get help in creating a map using coordinates (Long and Lat) data, please?
I actually have the map created using these followings packages and libraries and scripts below:

if(!require("osmdata")) install.packages("osmdata")
if(!require("tidyverse")) install.packages("tidyverse")
if(!require("sf")) install.packages("sf")
if(!require("ggmap")) install.packages("ggmap")
if(!require("ggsn")) install.packages("ggsn")

plot(pop.data$Lat~pop.data$Lon,col=pop.data$archipelago,pch=c(as.numeric(as.factor(pop.data$species))+15))

#load packages
library(tidyverse)
library(osmdata)
library(sf)
library(ggmap)
library(ggsn)
library(maptools)

#Background map

L_map <- get_map(location=c(left = 92, bottom = -13, right = 135, top = 9) ,
maptype = "toner-background", source = "osm");L_map

map.width.inch<-12;map.height.inch<-8
pdf("Map_Ae.pdf", width = map.width.inch, height = map.height.inch, bg="white")

ggmap(L_map)+
geom_point(data=pop.data, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat), fill="yellow",size=1.5,shape = 21, col = "black")+
geom_label(data=pop.data, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat,label=pop,fill=factor(species)),size=3.5,
label.padding = unit(0.15, "lines"))

ggmap(L_map)+
geom_point(data=pop.data.l, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat), fill="yellow",size=1.5,shape = 21, col = "black")+
geom_label(data=pop.data.l, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat,label=pop,fill=factor(species)),size=3.5,
ggmap(L_map)+
geom_point(data=pop.data.r, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat), fill="yellow",size=1.5,shape = 21, col = "black")+
#geom_label(data=pop.data, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat,label=pop,fill=factor(archipelago)),size=3.5,
geom_label(data=pop.data.r, aes(x=Lon, y=Lat,label=pop,fill=factor(species)),size=3.5,
dev.off()

With these scripts above, I can have my map with place appointed, however, I would like to have a different kind of map (just without names of the place, simple map with border, scale, coordinates, and a compass).

What should I modify with the scripts above to get all the features I mentioned above?
Thank you very much to anyone who could help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.