`{crosstalk}`-esque single date slider/locked width slider for a `{leaflet}` map

Good afternoon,

I'm looking to create a HTML document with a {leaflet} map in it that helps track the development of a pollution episode. I'd like to create a user interface in which a user could drag a bar, similar to crosstalk::filter_slider(), which would update the corresponding {leaflet} map to show data from that date.

I don't want to do this in {shiny} to make this more shareable.

What I've tried:

• {crosstalk} - it only seems to have a two-value range slider, which isn't any good for me (I want to show one day's pollutant concentrations at a time, not two or more).

• {leaftime} - it seems to have an upper limit on the amount of data it'll use before it stops working.

• {leaflet.extras2} - it won't show every marker initially, it seems more set up to show a single marker moving over time rather than a lot of markers changing colour.

I think the solutions I have in my head are either:

1. A single value equivalent of filter_slider() where you select one date, or

2. The ability to lock the width of filter_slider() to one 24 hour period so that users can still drag the range about, but it'll only ever be 1 day in width.

I'd post to the {crosstalk} repo but it doesn't look like its been updated in 2 years so I'm not confident its being developed that actively.

Cheers,
Jack

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.