Cursor over scroll bar causes window to jump

I've noticed this issue for a while but just updated RStudio IDE and it's still there so I thought I'd report it.

Inconsistently, the vertical scroll bar for my current Source file will respond to the mouse pointer being moved across it (without clicking) by jumping to whatever part of the document the pointer crossed. So if I move my mouse to another part of the screen and it crosses the scroll bar, the source document will jump down or up. If the pointer hovers over the scroll bar it grabs it as if it's been clicked and I can scroll the document up or down without pressing the mouse button.

When this behavior occurs, if I minimize and then reopen the pane, the behavior stops and I can move the mouse across the scroll bar without any response.

Hope this is clear, let me know if there's any more information I can provide!

MacOS 11.6.8

RStudio 2022.07.2+576 "Spotted Wakerobin" Release (e7373ef832b49b2a9b88162cfe7eac5f22c40b34, 2022-09-06) for macOS

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.