Custom Powerpoint Template Is Exgtremely Sensitive

Hi there: I have set up a GitHub repository here to document my problem. I'm trying to use a corporate template that will compile nicely with RMarkdown to produce some powerpoint slides. I've almost got it, but the template is extremely sensitive to any additions or changes to the footers, date field and slide number field. It seems like changing the font color, certainly deleting them, but even moving them and changing the content forces this ugly error in powerpoint on compilation:

PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation.

If you trust the source of this presentation, click Repair.

The working template is in the directory called wlu_slide_template.pptx. The template where I've fiddled with the footers is wlu_slide_template_problem_with_footers.pptx. There are two rmarkdown files, one calls the working template with the footers in there (but hidden), the other calls the second template, with the footers modified and which causes the problem.

I'rd really like to understand what is going on here.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.