Customize RStudio Environment Pane

Introduction:

I am using RStudio for some financial research projects and have to deal with several hundreds of variables and data structures.

Problem:

The RStudio environment pane in its default configuration is grouped by the sections Data , Values and Functions in alphabetic ascending order. With hundreds of variables, this presentation gets very inconvenient. Furthermore, the default sections do not fit my need for easily finding cohesive results of my calculations, e.g. a full regression statement will be placed in the Data section and the matching regression coefficient (if separately stored) within the Values section.

Currently i work with conventions for properly naming my variables and store a detailed variable description in a separate text file.

Question:

Is there a way to define own sections within the Global Environment pane and specifically assign variables or data structures into these custom sections?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.