D&D 5e Interactive Character Sheet - 2020 Shiny Contest Submission

D&D 5e Interactive Character Sheet

Authors: Ogan Mancarci
Working with Shiny more than 1 year

Abstract: An interactive character sheet to automate dice rolls for fifth edition dungeons and dragons. Written as an add-on to a third party mobile application.

Full Description: This is an interactive character sheet for Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition. Dungeons and Dragons is a roleplaying game where players create characters with different abilities. Dice rolls are often used to determine results of actions.

This application takes a file representing a character as an input and allows making dice rolls associated with the character's abilities. The results are displayed in the output window to the right of the screen.

By default, the application loads the current character I am playing because I am lazy. The file format that is accepted by the application is the output of this mobile application (also available for IOS). The mobile application uploads an xml file to google drive which you need to download and upload to my application.

To allow spells to work correctly, you need to write them with the correct spelling when creating your character on the mobile application. My application then matches the spells to the relevant metadata and creates a link to dndbeyond's online spell list.

This application also records the characters that are submitted in this dataset of D&D characters which makes up a fun toy dataset.

Category: Entertainment

Category: Other
Keywords: game,tabletop,d&d
Shiny app: https://oganm.com/shiny/interactiveSheet/
Repo: import5eChar/inst/app at master · oganm/import5eChar · GitHub
RStudio Cloud: Posit Cloud

Thumbnail:

Full image:

3 Likes