Data entry form in r

...Hi,

I am struggling creating data entry form in r shiny.
I tried with editableDT and also using CRUD functions but when I try to save in csv, I am not able to do it.

I want quick data entry form which I can save back to csv in r shiny

Please help

Thanks,
Suhas

It's hard to help without seen any code, could you please turn this into a self-contained REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading this FAQ:

1 Like

Does have to be input as a table? You could always create textInput() or selectInput() and gather the data that way. Otherwise, I've had success using the package library(rhandsontable) although it can be a pain to get it to give back your data once input, which is why I bring up the input() options.

1 Like

@Suhasb11, maybe you can check this out! Shiny Contest Submission: Table Editor Shiny App You can entry data from R shiny and click download button to download in csv. I also post some alternative solutions (in replies) that in case you want to implement double clicking as cell modify feature, or you want to have a master file stored in Dropbox. Hopefully this will help!

This Dean Attali Blog Post provides a detailed tutorial on building a shiny app that mimics a google form. I was able to able to create my own in about an hour.

Hope it helps
Kevin

1 Like

Thanks for kind help

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.