Data entry form in r

...Hi,

I am struggling creating data entry form in r shiny.
I tried with editableDT and also using CRUD functions but when I try to save in csv, I am not able to do it.

I want quick data entry form which I can save back to csv in r shiny

Please help

Thanks,
Suhas

It's hard to help without seen any code, could you please turn this into a self-contained REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading this FAQ:

1 Like

Does have to be input as a table? You could always create textInput() or selectInput() and gather the data that way. Otherwise, I've had success using the package library(rhandsontable) although it can be a pain to get it to give back your data once input, which is why I bring up the input() options.

1 Like

@Suhasb11, maybe you can check this out! Shiny Contest Submission: Table Editor Shiny App You can entry data from R shiny and click download button to download in csv. I also post some alternative solutions (in replies) that in case you want to implement double clicking as cell modify feature, or you want to have a master file stored in Dropbox. Hopefully this will help!

This Dean Attali Blog Post provides a detailed tutorial on building a shiny app that mimics a google form. I was able to able to create my own in about an hour.

Hope it helps
Kevin

Thanks for kind help

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.