Data Import from Excel

Hello ....i am using Rstudio 4.1.0 version.....before this i was using some other version......In new version, as i am trying to import time series data from excel file. After this i saw "repos" then "Rcpp" issues......Plase guide

Please post the complete code you are running to import the data, including any library() calls, and the complete error message.

thank you very much ..........actually i am trying to import excel data sheet manually through "File" then "Import Data" ....As i click on these options Rstudio shows that "required package version could not be found". Moreover "rcpp 0.11.5 is not available". Check the get options "repos"........ect...

When I select the menu item File -> Import Dataset -> From Excel, the dialog that appears has a pane at the lower right that show the code that is being executed. On my system it starts with

library(readxl)

What do you see there? Also, what version of R are you running? You can see that by running sessionInfo()

Thanks again......library(readxl) has same issue ......but when i run "sessionInfo()".....
i get following in "....."
"R Under development (unstable) (2020-04-22 r78283)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows >= 8 x64 (build 9200)

Matrix products: default

locale:
*[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252 *
*[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C *
*[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252 *

attached base packages:
*[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base *

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.1.0 tools_4.1.0"

I never use development versions, so I am unsure how to handle this. My guess would be to run

install.packages("readxl", repos = "https://cran.rstudio.com/")

from the console.

Please suggest some latest version of Rstudio through link. in which such problems not appear....thanks a lot

The problem is more likely due to your version of R, which is a separate program from RStudio.
The latest released version of R is 4.0.2: R Windows download
The latest version of RStudio is 1.3.1056: RStudio download

@Shafqut, as per @FJCC, the issue likely arise due to new install of R, which is the actual engine running behind RStudio interface.

When one upgrades to a new version of R, the libraries in previous R install don’t get migrated.

Try running install.packages(<library_name>) to install readxl and Rcpp.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.