Data Science Manager - Growth
Full-Time / San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Twitter users generate many terabytes of data every single day; Twitter engineers run hundreds of experiments; Twitter data scientists craft increasingly sophisticated models of users and content. The Consumer Product DS team’s mission is to empower product and business through impactful and creative applications of experimentation, machine learning, and data analysis.
What You’ll Do:
You will be a key member of the Growth Data Science team working closely with our partners in engineering, product, design, and user research. Your work will directly influence exciting new product areas and help grow Twitter usage around the globe.
As such, you will:
- 5+ years of Data Science experience or a related field
- 1+ years experience with People management (3+ DS reports)
- Conduct analyses to learn from our vast amount of data
- Apply advanced statistical techniques to model user behavior, identify causal impact and attribution, build and benchmark metrics.
- Write complex data flows using SQL, Spark, Scalding, R and Python scripts.
- Use data visualization tools (e.g, Tableau, Zeppelin) to share ongoing insights.
- Communicate findings to executives and cross-functional product teams.
Who You Are:
- You have an advanced degree with a background in quantitative analysis or possess commensurate work experience using these skills to solve problems and answer questions in an industry setting.
- You are a self-starter who is capable of learning on the job, takes initiative, and can thrive within a large team. You can pivot from blockers and develop a new approach when there are no precedents.
- You have experience owning complex projects from start to finish and influencing entire organizations with the work you do. You define a data science roadmap and execute against it in collaboration with others.
- You are passionate about insights, not just data. You’re a strategic thinker and are able to synthesize methodology and data into actionable business and/or product strategy from your analyses.
- You communicate your findings clearly and effectively to a wide audience of relevant partners, and are capable of building meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story.
- You are personable, empathetic, and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the company.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.