Data Scientist, Finance
Full-Time / San Francisco, CA, USA
Generate insights and impact from data.
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle hundreds of billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
We are looking for a data scientist to partner with our Finance & Strategy team in understanding, predicting, and shaping our increasingly diverse business. In this role, you will create time series forecasting models for a broad set of financial metrics, while also helping to develop our internal forecasting infrastructure. You will also drive large-scale experimentation efforts around how we price our growing suite of products.
If you are excited about time series modeling and experimentation and motivated by having an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
- Act as an embedded partner to the Finance & Strategy team
- Produce regular forecasts that drive decision-making for business, product, engineering, and leadership teams across Stripe
- Lead efforts around pricing experimentation for a variety of products
- Incorporate new statistical modeling, machine learning, and experimental methods in support of our financial goals
- Contribute to the development of Stripe’s forecasting infrastructure
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Sciences, Economics, Engineering, CS)
- Significant experience with R, or significant experience with Python and enthusiasm for R
- Solid SQL skills
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Prior experience with time series modeling or enthusiasm to learn
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, etc)
- Prior experience writing or contributing to R packages
We look forward to hearing from you