data.table conversion script question...

I'm new to R (and programming). I have a script that creates as data.table(A) with named columns and content from a binary file. Now I need another script that I can edit into different versions, where data from chosen columns in data.table(A) is copied into a data.table(B) the script create, with other columns with other names. I also need to export data.table(B) into a CSV file but I think I can find a ready-made script for that.

I appreciate help to formulate this kind of transform script. Thanks.

I don't know much programming in general, but I have installed RStudio.

Have you checked out the vignettes for data.table? You can view them on the package's CRAN page. Especially Introduction to data.table.

Right now, we don't really have enough info to help you out. Could you ask this with a minimal REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading this FAQ:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.