paid / full-time / Washington DC, USA
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Strategic Communications
The Strategic Communications segment of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies with a 30-year track record of designing and executing communications strategies for clients managing financial, regulatory and reputational challenges. The Strategic Communications segment serves as trusted advisors to management teams and Boards of Directors seeking to seize opportunities, manage crises, navigate market disruptions, articulate their brand, stake a competitive position, and preserve their permission to operate. Services of the Strategic Communications segment include financial communications, corporate reputation and public affairs, with specialty offerings that include M&A communications, crisis communications, issues management, litigation communications, corporate governance, shareholder activism, proxy advisory, restructuring communications, employee engagement, change communications, strategy consulting, research, as well as digital and creative communications.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a dynamic, creative and motivated Data Visualization Director, Digital & Insights to create universally understandable visual products, making it easy to interpret and spot patterns, trends and correlations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with in-house digital practitioners, primary researchers, and data scientists to help derive and drive insights on behalf of our clients. We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence. The practice is newly-formed, so we are looking for people who are particularly passionate about helping build out new and creative approaches to meet practice and client objectives.
• Translate research findings from multiple disciplines into simple yet powerful visualizations
• Source additional data streams and subscriptions to mine insights
• Stay current on industry trends, best practices, techniques, and evolving technologies and software packages
• 2+ years of experience in data visualization or data journalism
• Ability to use data to draw conclusions, drive insights, and make recommendations
• Experience with reporting and visualization solutions such as Tableau, R Shiny, or D3
• Design and build visually compelling and insightful presentations using PowerPoint or Markdown
• Outstanding communications skills, including ability to successfully present program recommendations and establish internal and external relationships as a trusted advisor
• Experience in the R ecosystem and designing R Shiny apps or dashboards
• Programming knowledge with any of the following: HTML & CSS, Python, SQL, Angular.js, D3.js
• Experience with subscriptions of traditional media, social media, primary or syndicated research.
• Familiarity with primary and secondary research methodologies and approaches
Please email Nick.Sharkey@fticonsulting.com to apply.