Datatebles error : Json invalid response

Hi,

I’m developping a shiny application with Datatables inside, and when I run it and wait around ten minutes, a popup with this error always appears : DataTables warning: table id=DataTables_Table_15 - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1

Then, all app is greyed and I can’t load datatables anymore although I can still load other pages of the app that don’t have Datatable inside.

The fact that this message doesn’t appear automatically but only after some time on the app makes it very hard to reproduce and to understand.

When I open Developper Tools of my browser, this message is the first that is logged in the console :

jquery.min.js:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

My app is deployed with shinyproxy.

When I run my app locally, this problem never happens.

I am aware that this problem has been treated already a lot of times on forums but none of the given solutions works in my case.

Thanks for your help

2 Likes

accompanying the popup error, are there any errors printed to the log ?
are any traces available rlang::last_error() ?
Are you using up to date versions of DT ?
What volume of data are you working with (in case it makes sense to try client side processing) ?
Are you doing anything more complex than simple reporting data in a datatable (like making the table editable etc? )

Hi and thanks for your answer,
here are all the errors printed in the logs of my browser :
jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected number
** at eval ()**
** at jquery.min.js:2**
** at Function.globalEval (jquery.min.js:2)**
** at text script (jquery.min.js:4)**
** at Xb (jquery.min.js:4)**
** at y (jquery.min.js:4)**
** at c (jquery.min.js:4)**
** at Object.send (jquery.min.js:4)**
** at Function.ajax (jquery.min.js:4)**
** at Function.n._evalUrl (jquery.min.js:4)**

and :

Uncaught TypeError: a.replace is not a function
** at exports.$escape (shiny.min.js:3)**
** at exports.InputBinding.setValue (shiny.min.js:5)**
** at exports.InputBinding.receiveMessage (shiny.min.js:5)**
** at ShinyApp. (shiny.min.js:3)**
** at ShinyApp._sendMessagesToHandlers (shiny.min.js:3)**
** at ShinyApp.dispatchMessage (shiny.min.js:3)**
** at WebSocket.c.onmessage (shiny.min.js:3)**
and also this one :
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap

My datatables are editable ( their value can change if a slider changes value for example), and I think the volume of Data I'm working with is too important to process it on the client side.

Do you think it could be a matter of timeout in ShinyServer? The fact that this error is not automatic and only occurs after some time on the app makes me think that it could be due to any timeout, although i understood all timeouts are fixed on 0 by default in shinyserver and Shiny Proxy.

Thanks

Just pinging everyone in this thread to see if a resolution has been found.

I also deploy apps with shinyproxy and after a short period of time data.tables that just report data return the error "Invalid JSON response".

1 Like