Debug RShiny app on RStudio Pro

I am trying to debug a RShiny script running on RStudio Pro. I referred to https://shiny.rstudio.com/articles/debugging.html and the options given here like placing a breaking point or using browser() isn't working on RStudio Pro. When I use the same tricks on RStudio desktop, it works like charm. I gave print statements in the script (running on RStudio Pro) and refreshed the GUI, but those prints are also not visible in the console or the log file.

I also tried using cat(file=stderr(), "drawing histogram with", input$bins, "bins", "\n") similar command which is supposed to print the value in the console. This isnt helping either.

My queries are:

1. How do we debug an RShiny script running on RStudio pro.
  2. Suppose I want to check values of variables inside script on RStudio Pro, how can I do it ? (as 'print' statements aren't working).

I am new to using RStudio Server Pro version of the software. Any pointers regarding above queries will help.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.