Debugging - can I use View on a table in a parent environment (further up the call stack)

When using the RStudio Debugger, I often find I have errors occurring within e.g. dplyr mutate operations.

I can "catch" those errors quite easily - using e.g. the Debug -> On Error -> Break In Code menu option

I can also use the Traceback window to select the environment to view in "Environment" - e.g.:

I can expand lists in that environment view to get a small preview of some of the data, but I haven't yet found the way to get that environment to surface into the console - or to enable View to work with those variables.

Is there an easy way to get this to work - or even is there a hard way - e.g. can I dig through layers of e.g. sys.parent: Functions to Access the Function Call Stack calls to get to this data?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.