Dectected dubious ownership in reposittory

Hello community,

Please kindly help out, I am having issues linking my github to my R studio. The out put from the terminal says Detected dubious ownership in repository. Please how do I go about this?

Is the full error similar to this?

fatal: detected dubious ownership in repository at 'C:/Users/abc/Projects/my-awesome-project'
'C:/Users/abc/Projects/my-awesome-project' is owned by:
        'S-1-5-32-544'
but the current user is:
        'S-1-12-1-1347659835-1128888854-2982737882-1111120199'
To add an exception for this directory, call:
…

If so this may help.

Thank you for your response, Yes it is similar to it.

I guess the next step is to figure out what user name git is seeing from your end and if, maybe, it can be fixed with a PAT (personal access token).

Please can you help take a look at this?

I dont know what to do from here

I’ve been Windows-free for a long time, so I don’t know if PowerShell has a whoami to check username. Did you get an error from the git push?

I didnt get an error from git, I dont know why I am getting an error from the terminal

I can't see anything in the screenshot that looks like an error. Can you do a reprex?

I dont know how to go about the reprex. The error there shows, error: remote origin already exist.

See FAQ: How to do a minimal reproducible example ( reprex ) for beginners. I can't tell if the error is coming from the R console or from a terminal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.