Density Plot

I am completely new to R and R Studio and I have to create a barplot/density plot for some data given to me by a professor. I am trying to get categorial data of Population 1 and Population 2 on the x and integer data for the number of parasites in each with a range up to 1000 on the y, but I can not figure out the commands. I think I need to isolate each of those populations from the dataframe, but I'm not sure if that is correct either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, welcome!

Homework inspired questions are welcome here, but you have to tell us what have you tried so far? what is your specific problem? We are more inclined towards helping you with specific coding problems rather than doing your work for you.

For guidelines about how to properly ask homework related questions here, please read our homework policy.

I guess right now I am unsure of how to properly ask my question. I have a column in the data.frame that I have changed from integer to a factor with 2 levels, Population 1 and Population 2. Each population has males and females and a number of parasites that was observed in each individual for each population. I have also changed the numbered individuals from an integer to a factor with multiple levels so that the individuals are categorical. I am wanting to isolate just one of the populations from the data.frame to work with, such as only Population 1 or only Population 2. The data.frame is pupfishB, is there something I can type in after pupfishB$POPULATION to further isolate the column to only Population 1 or Population 2? I am certainly not looking to get the work done for me as I need to learn how to use R effectively and efficiently. Thank you for your help.

You can help us help you and increase your chances of getting help if you provide a proper REPRoducible EXample (reprex) illustrating your issue.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 2.10.40 PM

What that screenshot is supposed to accomplish? Please read the reprex guide on the link I gave you and at least try to make one, otherwise, I can only point you to self learning resources like this one.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.