Descriptive analysis of a cluster

For my masterthesis I do research about the study progress of college students. I have data about students set in an excel file with the following topics:
column 1: code of student
column 2: sex of the student
column 3: birthyear of student
column 4: nationality of student
column 7: secundary level
column 8: succes rate year 1
column 9: succes rate year 2

I first do optimal matching on the data to have a look which students have +/- the same study progress (looking at secundary level and succes rates). Then I make 3 clusters of students who have a similar study progress. Now I want to know for example the number of male students in cluster 1. The birthyear of the students in cluster 1.

How do I have to compute these in R? Which function do I have to use?

If you have more questions about the code I already used or the datasheet you can ask me.
Thank you for helping

Kind regards
Lotte

Hi!

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

On the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN), you can look at all the R packages you can install using the install.packages() function. If you're looking for packages to do a specific task, you can check out CRAN's Task Views pages. These pages describe which packages are often used for different parts of a task. They're a great place to start searching.

In fact, there's a page describing packages for cluster analysis.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.