Digital Analytics Engineer
Full-Time / Boston MA USA
Why we need you.
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through a Digital Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric company. The Data Analytics team, part of MassMutual’s new Enterprise Technology Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual –and the industry –forward. The team culture is collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies combined with the work/life balance.
- Enterprise-wide transition to a unified and governed strategic BI Platform
- Expansion of Digital Operations footprint, and growing need for access to actionable data insights
- Revitalization of analytics and reporting applications to support changing industry needs and expectations
What success looks like.
In this role you will be responsible to contribute to defining and extending the enterprise’s digital analytics and tagging capabilities, understanding online/ in-app behavior, and defining key metrics to measure this behavior, all in support of a culture of data driven decision making. The position is centered around. You will work closely with partners on the Marketing and Digital Experience teams. Specific tasks include implementation and maintenance of digital analytics capabilities to support tracking of event data and procuring insights. A candidate for this position must have experience working with event tracking and orchestration software, possess a strong technical background, experience organizing/ analyzing large data, and excellent communication skills with the ability to translate business needs to technical requirements and then deliver the solution. Furthermore, the candidate must also be team oriented and want to have fun!
Daily and monthly responsibilities - What your days and weeks will include.
- Drive, implement, and support modern technical solutions utilizing our current technology stack such as Tealium, Snowplow, Looker, AWS, and Vertica.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data to locate and correct code problems
- Lead discussions with partner teams to elicit, define, and understand objectives, goals, and desired insights
- Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Analyze a website or mobile application’s key performance metrics and competitive trending
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work with data partners to develop/ enhance data to gain required insights
- Design and develop dashboards and reports to visualize analysis results using BI tools
- Contribute to the design, development and completion of project deliverables.
Required skills and qualifications - The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or Math
- 5+ years’ proven working experience in programming / data analyst role with a solid understanding of foundational development / software engineering practices (i.e., object-oriented programming, inheritance, DRY code)
- 5+ years’ deep technical experience working with data models, database design development
- 2+ years’ experience with and understanding of event data collection & orchestration tools (e.g., Snowplow Insights, Tealium, KissMetrics, Google Tag Manager & mParticle)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience analyzing datasets
- Expert at developing queries, report development, automation and interpretation
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred qualifications - Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Ability to work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks delivering under the Agile methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills