Display of quosures on Environment tab

rstudio

#1

I’ve noticed that the RStudio Environment tab has trouble displaying a list of quosures. In general, when you click on the twisty for a list variable mylist you get the output from running str(mylist). If the list contains quosures the displayed output steps on the first two chars of each element.

Consider this snippet with output from the console:

> library(rlang)
> qlist <- quos(rose, lily)
> str(qlist)
List of 2
 $ :<quosure: global>
~rose
 $ :<quosure: global>
~lily
 - attr(*, "class")= chr "quosures"

On the Environment tab we get
qlist_env_val

I tried a few other structures

> elist <- exprs(~rose, ~lily)
> str(elist)
List of 2
 $ : language ~rose
 $ : language ~lily
> flist <- list(~rose, ~lily)
> str(flist)
List of 2
 $ :Class 'formula'  language ~rose
  .. ..- attr(*, ".Environment")=<environment: R_GlobalEnv> 
 $ :Class 'formula'  language ~lily
  .. ..- attr(*, ".Environment")=<environment: R_GlobalEnv> 
> q <- quo(rose)
> str(q)
<quosure: global>
~rose

and these all display correctly:
image

Not sure it matters but I’m running RStudio on Windows 7. About RStudio says: “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) rstudio Safari/538.1 Qt/5.4.1”

I can file an issue on github if that’s appropriate.


#2

Thanks for the bug report! This should be fixed in the preview release of RStudio, which we hope to promote to release soon. See https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/preview/ for download links if you’d like to try it out.