Package dependencies not installed
I've installed a fresh copy of RStudio on a shiny new Windows notebook.
However, few if any of the installed packages are working successfully, perhaps due to a failure to install needed dependencies.
Steps taken so far -
- Installed RStudio on a fresh laptop
- Deselected Tools > Global Options > Restore .RData into workspace at startup
- quit and Restarted RStudio
- used "Install Packages" from menu to install a package, being sure to select "Install Dependencies"
- once that appears to succesfully execute, I call the package with library(), which then complains that dependencies are missing.
Here's an example using the package 'plm'
- "Install Packages" produces and runs the code
producing the output
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/00011124/Documents/R/win-library/3.6’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/plm_2.2-2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 1679303 bytes (1.6 MB)
downloaded 1.6 MB
package ‘plm’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
The downloaded binary packages are in
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘plm’ in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib):
DLL ‘zoo’ not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
Suggestions gratefully received.
- RStudio Edition: Desktop
- RStudio Version: 'Orange Blossom' 1.2.5033
- OS Version: Win 10 x64
- R Version: 3.6.2 (2019-12-12)
R version 3.6.2 (2019-12-12)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)
Matrix products: default
 LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252
 LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
attached base packages:
 stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base
loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
 MASS_7.3-51.4 compiler_3.6.2 magrittr_1.5 tools_3.6.2
 bdsmatrix_1.3-4 stringi_1.4.6 grid_3.6.2 gbRd_0.4-11
 stringr_1.4.0 Formula_1.2-3 bibtex_0.4.2.2 Rdpack_0.11-0