Do custom code fonts that work with the new base R pipes work in RStudio or is it a bug?

I"ve tried a couple of code fonts that work nicely with <- etc. to turn it into a arrow

But the new base R pipes <| do not work in R code panes, but do work in strings and comments, which is different from the R console. Arrows do work in the code pane.

Example below using Cascadia Code GitHub - microsoft/cascadia-code: This is a fun, new monospaced font that includes programming ligatures and is designed to enhance the modern look and feel of the Windows Terminal.

I suspect its an RStudio issue as the symbol fonts work in the R console and comments/strings etc. I'm using 1.3.1

Try updating to the latest stable version 1.4.1103, I have no issues with "Cascadia Code" on RStudio Server

Weird, I still have the issue on 1.4.1103 desktop on MacOS with CascadiaCode activated

Then I think you should file an issue on the github repo

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.