Dply- Newbie with R

Hello, I am taking data analysis course with google and learning R. Instruction told me to install dply package. i followed instruction but it said error. Please help me understand why.
thank you,

Are you sure it wasn't the dplyr package? As far as I know, there is no dply package.

1 Like

the instruction said to type in install.package(dplyr). I don't understand your answer

Hello @MyLe , You cant install dplyr directly because its part of a package called Tidyverse. Tidyverse comes with lot of packages such as dplyr, ggplot2, tidyr, readr, stringr etc. To have dplyr on your in your R working environment, you need to install Tidyverse.

install.packages("Tidyverse")

1 Like

Programming requires precision.
You have omitted the final s from install.packages() and written install.package, the input to the function should be a character string or an object that resolve to a character string; "dplyr" rather than dplyr.

install.packages ("dplyr")

That's not true, the tidyverse is just a collection of packages. You can install every single one by itself without ever using the tidyverse

Ok.....thank you @FactOREO

i did install Tidyverse. After installing that, the instruction asked me to install the dply package. When i tried to install the dply, it said error

dply does not exist.

install.packages("dplyr")

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.