I have created a shiny app for my students. Its great! In its simplest form, they interact with the app using the following generic steps.
- Go to URL at foo.shinyapps.io
- Enter some information via a text box and radio buttons
- Hit a button to get a URL link to some data (which depends on inputs) hosted on dropbox
- Manipulate data from the link on their own computers to generate csv for upload
- Upload csv to shiny
- Receive assignment score via shiny
I was hoping the students might be able to automate the interaction with my shiny app (steps 1,2,3,5,6) using either httr or rvest. After hours of investigation, this does not look as easy as I thought.
Any suggestions or pointers for info about posting-to or scraping interactive shiny apps? Thanks