Encoding warning when running a Shiny app on RStudio Server

I have a Shiny app with UI defined as an HTML file (I think it might be important). When I run the app on the RStudio Server, I get such a warning printed in the console:

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:4500
Warning in force(expr) : input string '�' cannot be translated to UTF-8, is it valid in 'ANSI_X3.4-1968'?
Warning in force(expr) : input string '�' cannot be translated to UTF-8, is it valid in 'ANSI_X3.4-1968'?

There is no stack trace so I don't know where the error is coming from. I managed to detect that it's thrown somewhere between running shiny::runGadget() and the first line of the server function.

This warning is shown only on RStudio Server (1.3.959) upon first run of the app after server restart. On RStudio Desktop it does not happen.

I understand that there can be some weird characters in the files but I am not able to locate it. Also all source code files are encoded with UTF-8 so I don't know if the root of the problem lies in the wrong encoding of those.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.