RStudio / sales / remote / full-time
At RStudio, we are committed to ensuring that our customers have the best possible experience while purchasing, installing, configuring, and using our professional products. For most of our 1000+ customers, the process is straightforward and smooth. However, some customers face challenges stemming from their specific technical infrastructure or organizational dynamics, so we provide extra assistance to get them successful as quickly as possible. In this role, you will be instrumental to that effort, giving you the opportunity to work on some of our most technical and sophisticated cases.
As our Enterprise Solutions Leader, you will drive the resolution of customer challenges by working with our Sales, Support, and Solutions Engineering teams to identify the customers in need of assistance, conduct targeted communication with the appropriate representatives of their organization, and systematically pinpoint and resolve their issues. You will not be solving problems by yourself; instead, you will be coordinating RStudio resources to help customers solve their own problems. As a leader, you will effect change in the organization by improving the way we work with customers, and preventing problems from recurring.
This is a senior position, with scope for customer recovery, process and product improvement, data analysis, troubleshooting, and puzzle solving, as well as strong potential for leadership and team expansion. If you get a charge out of spearheading coordinated efforts to diagnose and resolve diverse customer issues, in conjunction with talented and amiable colleagues, we want to hear from you.
Candidates for this role should enjoy managing customer relationships gracefully, identifying root causes both business and technical, and organizing resolution efforts in collaboration with customers and colleagues. In addition, we believe that complex customer scenarios represent opportunities for improvement, so we value analysis, reflection, and critical thought on the team.
The following are required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with customer rescue operations, problem triage and diagnosis, and project management
- The ability to prioritize multiple cases based on severity and resource availability, and drive each to resolution as systematically and painlessly as possible
- Strong customer advocacy, balanced with a pragmatic understanding of the needs of the business
- Experience working directly with large customer organizations
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
In addition, we prefer experience with:
- Addressing both business and technical users
- Process optimization
- Conflict resolution
- Data science practice, or working with data scientists
- Working in a small software company with large clients
We are committed to the open-source community and on a mission to make R awesome. Our startup culture is smart, driven, customer-focused and nonsense-free. If you have a background in customer issue resolution, are a keen problem-solver, and enjoy helping people, we’d love to talk to you.