Error compiling packages (Mac OSX)

Hello,

I am getting this message, after being asked to install rlang. I am using OSX Mojave, and R 3.6.

> install.packages("rlang")
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
      binary source needs_compilation
rlang  0.3.4  0.4.0              TRUE

Do you want to install from sources the package which needs compilation? (Yes/no/cancel) y
installing the source package ‘rlang’

trying URL 'https://mirrors.nics.utk.edu/cran/src/contrib/rlang_0.4.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 859737 bytes (839 KB)
==================================================
downloaded 839 KB

* installing *source* package ‘rlang’ ...
** package ‘rlang’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** using staged installation
** libs
clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I./lib/  -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -I/usr/local/include  -fPIC  -Wall -g -O2  -c capture.c -o capture.o
clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I./lib/  -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -I/usr/local/include  -fPIC  -Wall -g -O2  -c export.c -o export.o
clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I./lib/  -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -I/usr/local/include  -fPIC  -Wall -g -O2  -c internal.c -o internal.o
clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I./lib/  -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -I/usr/local/include  -fPIC  -Wall -g -O2  -c lib.c -o lib.o
clang -dynamiclib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup -single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o rlang.so capture.o export.o internal.o lib.o -F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R -Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation
installing to /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/00LOCK-rlang/00new/rlang/libs
** R
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
*** copying figures
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded from temporary location
** checking absolute paths in shared objects and dynamic libraries
** testing if installed package can be loaded from final location
** testing if installed package keeps a record of temporary installation path
* DONE (rlang)

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/private/var/folders/cb/m84t42kn6hx8t0yy__hw7mt80000gp/T/RtmpJmj2Am/downloaded_packages’
> 

I have come across this error in previous versions of R and was never able to figure out what the issue was. Any help would be appreciated.

You are not showing any error message, that is telling you that you have successfully installed rlang

1 Like

Ah, I was under the impression the weird path names under libs meant there was an issue. But I was wrong. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.